Julie Turner, BFA
Certified Pilates Instructor
- Originally from Birmingham, AL and recently moved back from New York City where she was a dancer for eight years.
- Received her BFA in Dance from The University of Southern Mississippi
- Completed the Balanced Body University 488 hour comprehensive Pilates Certification with Lesley Powell at Movements Afoot in New York
- Well-sought after instructor at Erika Bloom Pilate Plus, a prestigious studio in the heart of Manhattan
- A supervisor for teachers-in-training and an instructor for specialized workshops
- Continuing education includes: Feldenkrais, postural analysis, Prenatal, Post-partum, Osteoporosis, Sciatica, SI joint dysfunction, Lower crossed syndrome, Scoliosis, and Body Brain Connect
Lisa Altamirano, PT MS CSCS
Clinical Director/Physical Therapist
- Opened Agile Physical Therapy in 2008, fulfilling a personal and professional goal of owning a private practice focusing on personalized treatment for patients, bringing back traditional medical values of service.
- Florida-native, moved to Birmingham to pursue dance at the Alabama School of Fine Arts (ASFA) under the direction of Dame Sonia Arova and Thor Sutowski
- Danced with Alabama Ballet; free-lanced in New York City with modern dance companies after graduating from NYU.
- Obtained a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Dance from New York University (NYU), Tisch School of the Arts
- Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
- Director of Physical Therapy and staff PT with UAB Sports Medicine with William P Garth, Jr., MD since 1998
- Certified Pilates Reformer and Chair instructor with Balanced Body University 2009, 2012
- Developed healthy dancer injury prevention and screening program at ASFA in 2000
- Active in research, lectures and injury prevention, particularly for dancers with local and regional dance companies (Alabama Ballet, Alabama Dance Theatre, Andalusia Ballet)
- Awards: Who’s Who Among Students in America’s Universities and Colleges for Physical Therapy; the Lew Wasserman Scholarship and the Tisch Dance Merit Scholarship at Rosella Hightower’s Centre de Danse in Cannes, France
- Lisa and her husband, Victor, have three beautiful children. Hobbies: sailing, photography, attending cultural events, cooking and spending time with her family.
Jamie Doyle, DPT
- Born and raised in Melbourne, FL where she danced ballet, jazz and hip hop.
- During high school, she began competing and winning national and world championships with DanceMania All-Stars in lyrical, jazz, pom and hip hop. She also taught dance classes and coached privately within the company.
- Received a Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Science from University of Mississippi in May 2008
- While at Ole Miss, she continued her love for dancing and exercise by becoming AFAA certified and teaching hip hop, step, and kickboxing classes at the Turner Center and at the Baptist Healthplex in Oxford. Additionally, she choreographed dances for her sorority and for fellow Ole Miss students competing in various dance competitions
- Attended Physical Therapy School in 2008 at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) and graduated with her Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) in December 2011.
- Certified Pilates Reformer and Chair Instructor through Balanced Body University
- After graduating, Jamie was honored with an article about her volunteer work during PT school and her recent hiring at Agile in the UAB PT School Alumni Spotlight
- Jamie and her husband, Russ, along with their dogs, love to spend weekends at the beach or lake, snow skiing, cooking, and traveling with their family and friends.